Friday, August 31, 2012

We climbed a mountain!

The title of this post is true! Both literally and figuratively as a matter of fact. Over the past month, I climbed not one, but two mountains! The first time I thought I was going to die, and if it weren't for my supportive husband, I never would have made it. Of course, he had to lie to me in the process... haha, we climbed up to squaw peak up in Rock canyon, and at first he told me that it was a mile, maybe two, and it wouldn't take that long, then all up the trail (he had done it before so I trusted him) he would be like I remember this, we're almost there! Just through this meadow and we'll be super close! Yeah,  he was never right, we hiked for like 6 miles straight up it seemed like before we finally made it. I'm super glad we did though, the views were spectacular! Below is the proof!



So the moral of the story here is, even if they seem super hard at the time, climbing mountains is worth it. The other mountain we climbed wasn't as bad, we went up to the Timpanogos Caves with David's dad and sister, and while it's steep, it's paved the whole way with benches and stuff, so it's not too bad, and the caves were way cool! I don't have any pictures of that hike yet, but when I get em, I'll post them, because they too, are awesome!

As for the figurative mountains we had to climb, it's been a tough couple of weeks, but we've gotten through it! First off, we sent Eric, David's baby brother off to the MTC to prepare to serve in Mozambique Africa. And although he's not my brother by blood, I was super emotional about the whole thing, which kind of surprised me, but it was definitely for the best. We got to spend a couple days with him before he left, went to the temple, to Tucanos (yum!) and had a couple of family picnics before we finally said goodbye for two years! We're gonna miss him, but I'm super excited to see how he'll progress as he serves the Lord in Africa!

Shortly after Eric left, David's grandpa passed away. It was sad to see him go, but it was for the best. He had been sick for awhile, so it's good to know that he can rest from the cares of the world for awhile. Things like this though definitely allow you to take a step back and think about what really matters in life, and how you shouldn't take anything for granted, because this life is only for a limited amount of time, and you really need to make the most of it. It was really nice that it brought everyone together too, and I was really happy to see that his funeral was a happy one, where everyone just talked about the good times, and knew that he was in a better place now.

As for the last figurative mountain, schools started again... haha, this one is more for David because I'm done, but it's going to be a pretty intense semester! Not only is he taking the dreaded organic chemistry class, he's also taking 7 other science classes... crazy kid! He can do it though, I've never met anyone else whose so focused when it comes to studying. I can only imagine how much higher my GPA would've been had I had that kind of dedication! Oh well. It's going to take some adjusting for me too, not going back to school. It's kind of weird, having gone to classes basically my whole life, and now not having too, but I think I'm handling it alright. Really, it just makes me feel old, especially realizing that a lot of the players on that football team (who pulled off a GREAT win last night by the way!) are younger than me.... but that's okay, I've just moved on to the next stage of my life, and I'm excited about it!

It should be a pretty calm semester I think, nothing to big or crazy going down. I think we're going down to my parents for Thanksgiving, and we're going to his parents for Christmas. There might be some changes going on at my work too, but nothing is set in stone. Regardless, I'll definitely keep this thing updated!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. The title of your next post should be "We Updated Our Blog!" An equally impressive feat ;) Heeeheeehee

    ReplyDelete