Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!

Well I think it's safe to say the honeymoon period is officially over for us. Not only have we hit the 3 month mark (yay!), but real life has finally set in. It's not the most exciting, but it definitely has it's moments! For the most part David is in school and I'm at work. I was promoted and put on salary which was very nice, but also meant an increase in hours, so I've been living, breathing (and definitely eating) pizza these days. I can't complain though, it keeps me busy and pays the bills which is all I need. David is super close to being done with summer term. He takes his last final tomorrow before a well-deserved 3 week break. We're excited to have all his family come down for his brother's missionary farewell to Mozambique, Africa! It's so crazy that he's going to be gone for 2 whole years! But I am definitely very very excited for him and for all the adventures he's going to have, going out and teaching the people of Africa!


We had a pretty fun month during July. We got to see tons of fireworks thanks to Utah having 2 firework holidays instead of one. For the 4th we went up to Squaw peak and watched all the fireworks going off in the valley, which was so awesome! There were so many! Then for the 24th, we had a barbeque with his extended family and lit fireworks with all his little cousins, which I've decided is so much better than just celebrating it by ourselves. There's just something about helping a little girl with her first ever sparkler that just adds so much to the occasion. We also had my family reunion up in Heber City. We all just gathered in this huge cabin for two days and ate food and played games, it was really fun. We also went tubing down the Provo river, which is something I've always wanted to do, but it was SO cold. Even for the middle of July, it was almost too much to bear. I had a hard time staying in the middle, so I always fell out of the current and behind everybody, but it was still really fun! My all time favorite thing we did during July though was go to the zoo!  Ever since I was little, one of my favorite animals has been polar bears, and they brought one back to the Hogle Zoo this year! We went with my mom and sister and brother, and we saw everything from the tigers to the elephants, to the giraffes and otters and the polar bear!




















There's been lots of other happenings going on too, like my friend Natalie had a beautiful baby girl that I got to go over and hold! It was so precious. She's gonna be such a great mom. :) We're adjusting to our ward pretty nicely, David got called to be in the Sunday school presidency, and I'm just hanging around. I think they think I'm inactive because I've been rather hit and miss because of work. Oh well.

I think that about wraps up my ranting. I'm going to be betting about taking more pictures of our adventures. Cuz I feel like I'm boring without pictures. Oh well, I'll be better.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you got promoted! Congratulations :) And your fourth of July sounds way more exciting than mine was, mainly because I forgot it was the fourth! Oh well. Anyways, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete