Sunday, September 14, 2014

A summer to remember!

Well this past summer has marked a lot of ends and tons of new beginnings, its hard to pick where to start! I guess we'll just head in chronological order and go from there! So in April, David graduated from BYU in Biology. It was kind of a cheat graduation because he hadn't officially finished all his classes, but they let him walk, because we wouldn't be around for him to walk in August. So his family came out, and mine did too, and we just celebrated all of his accomplishments! He achieved quite a feat, coming out with such a high GPA, I definitely admire his dedication and hard work to get all the way through!




 Right around that same time at the end of April, we received some more happy happy news, that we were expecting again! It was a very personal decision for us, but we decided that it would be best for us to start trying for another baby sooner rather than later after losing Audrey, so it wasn't too big of a shock, but we were and are super delighted to welcome this new addition to our family at the beginning of the year!

I told David by bringing him cinnamon rolls in bed with the positive test and a note saying that we had our own little "bun in the oven!" I thought it was pretty clever, and he was so excited!

 This time around I've definitely been a lot more paranoid about things :/, but luckily, I've had some great doctors who've made sure I've gotten lots of attention, and care, and so far everything looks great! We found out fairly early on that we're having another girl, and she's looking as healthy as ever, with a due date of January 6, 2015, so a New Year's baby! David's kind of worried that she'll decide to come on Christmas, but I really don't think that would be the end of the world! As long as she's healthy. Since I've gotten so much attention, we've gotten to see our little girl quite a few times, here's a few snapshots!
13 weeks!

16 Weeks

20 weeks

22 weeks!

Baby bump at 22 weeks!


 I'll admit, it's been a lot harder this time around to get excited about everything, but now that I'm almost past where I made it last time around and I'm feeling her move all the time, it's slowly becoming more and more real! Plus I know with the holidays right around the corner, she'll be here before we know it!


This summer also marked the end of our Provo/Utah days as we prepared to move to Arizona for David to go to dental school. We kind of were in a weird transition, we sold our contract in Provo at the end of June, but we didn't need to be in Arizona until the end of August, so we had two months of kind of a limbo period where we stayed with my parents and just kind of hung out. It was actually really nice, it was the first and probably one of the only times where David was out of school with nothing to do, and I wasn't working, so we had a whole two months to just be together and do fun things! We took tons of trips, went to a couple of family reunions and just hung out! We were actually able to go to all five National Parks in Utah, as well as Goblin Valley, Cedar Breaks, Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. We hiked and camped and explored, all favorite things of ours so it was really great. We took tons of pictures, but here are a couple just to give you an idea. :)


Angel's Landing- Zion National Park

Bryce Canyon National Park
Yellowstone!

Delicate Arch
Kolob Cayon, Zion National Park
Canyonlands National Park


 After all of our Utah adventures, we actually split up for a week, I went to Wisconsin to see my sister, Tess get married, and David went to Oregon to see his family. I drove with my parents to Wisconsin, which was super long and full of corn, not too exciting, haha. But it was for a great cause and I got to be a bridesmaid and see lots of family and see my baby sister all grown up!

Mom and siblings night before the big day!

Siblings the day of, Jacob is finally taller than me!

I didn't get a ton of pictures because I was involved in lots of other things, but I'll put more up if and when I get them! But trust me, Tess was a beautiful bride!

After the wedding, I flew out to Oregon to meet up with David and see his baby brother get back from his mission and his older brother get married! We got to stay for about a week, and it was really fun

All the boys back together!

Outside the Medford Temple


After our Oregon trip we finally made it to Arizona, just in time for David to start school! We found a lovely little apartment about two miles from campus so David can bike to school. It's a two bedroom with a washer and dryer (finally!) So there's lots of space for us and our little addition here soon! Arizona has been great so far, definitely a change from Utah, the heat is the biggest thing that's taken some getting used too, but as long as you don't stay outside for too long, its bearable, people keep telling us that the winter makes it worth it, so we'll see! David's school schedule is pretty intense, so he spends the majority of his time either in class or studying. I've picked up some part time work to keep me occupied before the baby comes, so we've slowly gotten into a routine and making our schedules work so we still get some time in together!

Overall, we've been super blessed! I'm super grateful for the chances we had to see all those amazing places and to get to spend time with all our family and friends before we moved away, and I'm excited to see what Arizona has in store for us in the coming months and years! I promise I'll keep this more updated, especially in the New Year when I'll have tons of adorable pictures to post!

Thanks for reading guys, enjoy your week! Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment