Thursday, November 28, 2013

So much to be grateful for...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I know it's been foreverrrrrr, and there's lots of things I need to catch up on, but not today. Today is a day to just be grateful.

What most of you may know is that I was expecting a baby girl at the end of February, we were so excited and had started getting everything ready for her big arrival.

What you may not know, is that two weeks ago, I went into labor, and delivered her. She was born sleeping, and I'll be honest, this is the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. We don't have very many answers yet as to why, but it looks like she had a chromosomal disorder, something similar to Down syndrome that made it so she couldn't develop and grow properly.

While this in and of itself isn't something to be grateful for, I am grateful for the endless love and support from friends and family who simply dropped everything to come to our aid and serve us when we needed it most. I've been awestruck by the random acts of service and the kind words given by so many people, even though it happened so quickly and suddenly. It has renewed my faith in  how Heavenly Father uses us to  be His hands  in the lives of His children.

I am also so so so grateful for my testimony in the life after this. The knowledge that I'll see my little girl again, and that she'll be my baby forever may not make this any easier, but I can't imagine how hard it would be if I didn't have a testimony of that.

I am grateful for a loving husband who has been nothing but supportive and kind and loving, even though im an emotional wreck more times than not these days. Going through this has reaffirmed to me that there is no one else I would want by my side to weather the ups and downs of this life.

I am so thankful for the tender mercies of The Lord I've been able to see through all this, things could've been so much worse, especially for me physically, but instead I was able to recover really quickly.  I am grateful for the peace I've been able to feel and the everlasting love of my Savior.


I usually don't like being particularly public when it comes to my beliefs and religion, but I know without it, and without my wonderful friends and family, I wouldn't be able to make it through this.
It will always be hard, but I know we'll make it through because of them.

So all and all, I really do have so much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving, and I know that I always will for the many Thanksgivings to come.

So have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone. I love you all.  Next stop, Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment