Monday, March 11, 2013

Our first Christmas! And New Years... And valentines day... ;)

I know I know, yet another catch up blog. I just tend to get discouraged sometimes because I feel like there is absolutely nothing exciting going on in our lives ever, and I don't want to bore anyone. But regardless of what I think about it, life happens and it should be recorded in one way one way or another! I like blogging because I get to include pictures, and I can hardly read my own handwriting anymore, plus as much as I hate to admit it, David and I are becoming one of those hermit couples who always do stuff just with each other. So this is a way for everyone to see our adventures!

Soooo to catch up, we spent Christmas in Oregon, and it was awesome! We were sooooo spoiled from our families, I mean just look at this pile of presents!



And that was only from David's family! We got more from my family too, we are so blessed! We were able to spend like 4 days with my family and 5 with David's because thats all I could get off work, but that was okay. We got to go skiing up in the Oregon mountains one  of the days, which was wonderful, David is slowly picking up snowboarding and I got to ski! Look at the view!

Isn't it gorgeous?? I love how there's tons of snow, but you can look down into the valley and have it be completely green. You don't get to see that very often!


Sadly we didn't get much of a New Years celebration because I had to work, and we were so busy that David had to come in and help me so I could finish up at a decent hour. But because he did we were able to get home 5 minutes before midnight to properly ring in the new year, and celebrate the anniversary of our engagement! Throwback picture time!
                                           
Speaking of work, these past few months have actually been pretty crazy! I was transferred over to the Provo location right before they switched to a brand new location, so I got to open a brand new store! It was stressful for sure, but now that things have settled down, I love it.  It has all the brand new equipment and it's like 3 blocks from our apartment so I can walk once it starts warming up again!

2013 so far has been great! For Valentines Day, David took me to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, where I've always wanted to go. For a landlocked state, it's a really cool aquarium! David liked the piranhas and the giant snakes, I liked the otters and the penguins. :) We decided to brave the crowds and go out to dinner and ended up waiting like 2 1/2 hours to get in at Texas Roadhouse (last time we ever
do that!). To pass the time we went to Scheels, a giant sporting goods store that opened up last fall and I kid you not, they have a Ferris wheel inside! A Ferris wheel! It was a dollar to ride, so of course we hopped right on!




Everything else seems to going just great!! Life is good all around. David is finishing up probably his hardest semester yet, and is getting ready to take the DAT in June! He'll start applying for dental schools then too, crazy stuff! I think that sums up the last little bit. I promise I'll be back sooner rather then later! Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'll be the first to comment again ;) I can attest to this phenomenon of hermit couples. When you meet and marry the coolest person ever, who can blame you for wanting to spend all your time with them?? I promise to join you soon in blogland, but in the meantime...otters...aww :} I want one.

    ReplyDelete