Sunday, May 27, 2012

The glorious wedding!

I'm back! This time as Mrs. David Robinson, which is good because now my blog name actually tells the truth. :)

I must say that our wedding was exactly what I wanted it to be and so much more. I had so much support from family and friends, some who flew a very long way to come and see me, and I am so grateful for all of their love and their help in making my fairy tale come true! I could talk and talk about how the day went with everything, but hey, pictures speak 1000 words, and I'm sure they can explain things a lot better than I can, so here we go!

            The Venue(s):

 The actual wedding ceremony took place in the LDS Bountiful temple, and it was absolutely amazing. It was such a beautiful atmosphere, and just such an amazing spirit that made everything that much more special, especially with all my friends and family around when I married my sweetheart for time and all eternity!







The luncheon/ring ceremony/reception was at the Canturbury Place, also in Bountiful. My grandpa performed a small ring ceremony in front of everyone who was able to attend the luncheon, and he gave some great advice. My daddy was able to walk me in and my brother was the unofficial last minute ring bearer (cuz it honestly didn't cross my mind til like 5 minutes before!) But other then that and the fact that I almost put David's ring on his right hand, it was wonderful. The food was great, and the reception was lovely. It was so fun to be greeted and congratulated by all my friends and family!




The Flowers:


Carnations have been and always will be my favorite flower, and I discovered these deep purple calla lilies on my search for flowers in my colors. (which if you haven't guessed by now were deep purple and silver). I fell in love with my bouquet the moment I saw it, and the rest matched perfectly!






The dress!



I found this dress at the first store I tried, which was nice, because I don't handle sales people very well. I walked in with my mom and sister, saw it on a mannequin, and just kind of knew. The one they had for me to try on was like 4 sizes too small for me, but I fell in love with it regardless, and luckily the only one they had available was in my size, so I'm pretty sure it was fate. Haha, it's kind of hard to see the details with it being white and in the sun, but the top had a really pretty collar with beading all around and the body had rouching all the way to the gown, which poofed out with a pretty train and made me feel like a princess. :)






The families. :)

My momma,  her husband and my siblings!












My daddy,  his wife and my siblings!
David's family!














All of our families were such a huge help and support! David's came all the way from Oregon, and mine from Southern Utah. It was so wonderful to have everyone there and have them all get along! ;) Haha, I knew they would, but it's so great to have  families so willing to come together for such a great occasion!



The Bridesmaids!


From left to right, there's Brooke, my old roommate and super great friend, who threw me a wonderful bridal shower; Heather who flew in from Texas, and made all of the bridal parties beautiful jewelry; me, and then my two sisters Tess and Shelby- Tess flew in from Wisconsin and Shelby skipped school for the event, and Brenna also flew in from Texas was an unofficial photographer and source of wonderful support. They were the best bridesmaids anyone could ask for! Thanks so much girls!



The Groomsmen!


From left to right there's Steven, David's older brother; his cousin Nathan; The most handsome man alive ;) David's younger brother Eric; and his two good friends Alex and Josh. Alex flew in from Oregon, and Josh drove from Arkansas to make it! They were all a bunch of fun, definitely the comic relief for the day, so thanks boys!



The Handsome Groom!

It's not like I'm really all that biased, but I must say this boy looks sharp. He had gotten a not so great haircut a couple of weeks before and was worried about not looking his best, but I think he's the cutest boy I've ever known in my whole entire life!! Here's the proof. :)






And finally.... The happy couple!

I literally have hundreds of pictures to choose from, but here are just a few of my favorites to end things off. I'll be back with details about the honeymoon and life after marriage, but I feel like the best day of my life deserved its own post. :) Thanks so much again to everyone who made it possible!











1 comment:

  1. I'm late to comment :) But I think I need to let you know once and for all that this wedding was the greatest! I had such an awesome time, it was worth the flight ;) AAAAND you guys are wonderful together in this girl's opinion!

    ReplyDelete